Tuesday, June 13, 2023

The Creative Classroom PowerPoint Video for a thesis

 So I've found that a PowerPoint can be tough for some people to see--but they can watch a PowerPoint video instead. With that in mind...here's something I crafted for students and instructors on how to brainstorm an idea for a thesis. Enjoy!



Oh. So someone asked, "What's that 'Double-Dutch Twist/Irish Treat' idea regarding Money? Is that a new form of coffee?"

I saw this while teaching in China: my students were furiously studying a paper in MY class that was for their NEXT class in finance. (I was teaching public speaking.) So I asked to see what was so interesting: and they showed me the article with that title--and begged me to help. So I read it in a few minutes and then translated the idea, although I don't know finance:

The article stated that Apple, Inc., was sending pre-tax profits to two banks in the Dutch West Indies in the Caribbean. It was then re-routed (after a lower tax rate for deposits) to a bank in Ireland--and then sent back to Seattle as a means of--shall we say--"legal money laundering"?

PS: I told the students, "Don't tell your instructor that I figured it out. YOU take credit for it and pretend like you had the idea down cold and impress him for it."

My point: If you can READ something, you're likely to understand it if you know how to "think outside the box". 



No comments: